Preparing for the HITPRO Exam?
You've finished your HIT Workforce Development Training program and now you're getting ready to take the HITPRO exam. What an exciting place to be! Test day is fast approaching and perhaps you don't still have access to all of the materials from your program. Here are some study tips for preparing for the exam:
- Review the exam blueprint and be sure you have taken all of the courses covered in the blueprint for the exam you plan to take. In some cases, you may find that your school didn't offer a particular course as a part of its curriculum and you may need to get that material and brush up on that information as well.
- Review all of your materials from your program. Get those notes out and go over them, again, and again. If you had areas that you struggled with while you were in the program, pay some special attention to those areas.
- Find a study buddy. Perhaps it's someone who was in the program with you, or someone you know who has taken the courses. Get together and quiz each other.
- Find a review program. We are happy to announce a review course here at the EHR Training Academy to help you study. Each program is mapped to the exam blueprint and includes 30 days unlimited access. Within each program, you will be able to take review quizzes as many times as you'd like, with questions being rotated with each new try. It's a good way to "test" yourself on what you need to spend some extra time on when you're studying. To sign up for this review program, simply create a profile on the education part of this site, sign up, and get started! Please note that this is not officially connected to the HITPRO exams and simply our way of providing a study tool for the components.
- The day before your test, it's important to get a good night's sleep and relax. By that time, you know the materials and can go into your test refreshed and ready to pass it.
What other study tips might you have for those who are preparing for the HITPRO exams? I hope you'll add them to the comments here. We'd love to hear from you.
Filed under: HITPRO Exam
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!